Whistle Stop: Bag of Surprises
- Army said unit was headed for IAF drill, ex-Air Chief says this was due only a month later
- Wary of Muslim âdisapprovalâ, Mamata doesnât meet US envoy
- Telangana bill passage shows country can take difficult decisions: Prime Minister
- The 2012 troop movement investigations
- LS: Cong may field Sharmila Tagore from Gurgaon
OF late, Ekta Kapoor seems to have acquired a new buddy. This chic companion has been spotted with the lady on each of her public outings and has the privilege of clinging on to her as if for dear life. Not quite what people are likely to presume, this mate of Ekta's is her new bag. People close to the producer claim that it is her latest acquisition — a brown Moschino bag worth Rs 12 lakh. But the more interesting part is that Ekta refuses to place it anywhere except on her lap wherever she goes these days, refusing even the shutterbugs' request to put it away. Could it then be the latest object of superstition, just the way her tilak, those platform chappals and many rings are?
From Siren to songstress
After essaying the role of Southern siren Silk Smitha in the 2011 film The Dirty Picture, actor Vidya Balan seems to have signed another biopic. This time around, she will be portraying the role of legendary Carnatic vocalist MS Subbulakshmi. The film will be directed by Rajeev Menon, director of acclaimed Tamil films Minsara Kanavu and Kandukondain Kandukondain, and Mani Ratnam's cinematographer for Kadal, Guru and Bombay. Balan, who grew up in a South Indian household with a basic training in Carnatic classical music, seemed to be the natural choice for the role.
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- Anna Hazare says, I support Mamata Banerjee for her ideas
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly