White paper on irrigation getting ready: CM
- Subrata Roy sent to police custody by Supreme Court till next hearing, faces 'ink attack'
- Nitin Gadkari-Raj Thackeray closeness could 'affect' alliance, hints Shiv Sena
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Smith announces sudden retirement, says fortunate to have had many highs
- Third Front is unviable 'tired front', says Mamata Banerjee
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan said on Monday a white paper on irrigation was being prepared and would be presented during the winter session of the state assembly next month.
"The white paper will first be put before the cabinet and subsequently before the state assembly. We will present it in the winter session," he said.
There has been speculation regarding the content of the white paper. It remains to be seen whether it will be an "occasional paper" presented by the government or a statement "fixing responsibility" for lapses and delays in execution of irrigation projects over the last few years.
Last week, water resources minister Sunil Tatkare held a meeting with CM to apparently discuss the issue.
NCP leader Ajit Pawar resigned as deputy chief minister after newspaper reports claimed large-scale irregularities in projects when he was the irrigation minister. While accepting his resignation, NCP had said Pawar would remain out of office till a "white paper" was presented bringing out truth.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore