Why burden fliers with UDF, conveyance charges, asks SC
- Arvind Kejriwal calls 'emergency' Assembly session to discuss Centre's notification on Lt Governor's role
- Celebrations in AIADMK camp as Jayalalithaa becomes Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- No full statehood rights to Delhi unless there is consensus, says Arun Jaitley
- Gujjar protest to continue as talks with Rajasthan govt fail
- Heat wave toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana reaches 223
UDF is over and above the Airport Development Fee (ADF) charge of Rs 200 per domestic and Rs 1,300 per international passenger and ranges from Rs 195.80 to Rs 1,068 in the current year and from Rs 207.32 to Rs 1,130.85 in 2013-14. The airport charges had not been hiked since 2001. In June 2011, the Delhi High Court had suspended the hike and had asked the AERA to make recommendations in the matter.