Why call it rape if teenagers elope willingly, asks special court
- In Delhi, Hardik Patel says he will take movement across country
- Bihar: BJP hits back, says it was not a Swabhiman rally but Apman rally
- Hindu women should never marry outside community: Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti
- Ready to amend Land Acquisition Act, ordinance will lapse tomorrow: PM
- Sheena murder case: Suitcase seized, accused taken to Raigad forest to 'recreate' crime scene
The convict in the case was released on the jail term already undergone by him as an undertrial.
Stating that the court was "powerless" as long as it was not given the discretion to adjudge the girl's consent in individual cases, ASJ Bhat said the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act would "be a great disservice to the nation as it will open floodgates for unwarranted criminal prosecution of young boys".