Why call it rape if teenagers elope willingly, asks special court
- Sushma Swaraj rubbishes Pakistan's 4-point peace formula at UN
- US shooting: 15 dead, 20 wounded at Oregon community college; shooter detained
- Day after Dadri lynching, VP Ansari says state has to ensure right to life
- Delhi: Man shoots self at Rajiv Chowk Metro station
- BJP MP compares Modi with Gandhi, Cong says 'sycophancy at its worst'
The convict in the case was released on the jail term already undergone by him as an undertrial.
Stating that the court was "powerless" as long as it was not given the discretion to adjudge the girl's consent in individual cases, ASJ Bhat said the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act would "be a great disservice to the nation as it will open floodgates for unwarranted criminal prosecution of young boys".