Why has work not begun? Notice to developers
- Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: Javed Sheikh's father moves CBI court against Amit Shah, ex-DGP; wants them arraigned
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for 'irresponsible' media remark, says it is a sign of 'weakness'
- I skipped rally because I was misled: Anna Hazare
- Goa court grants permission to Tarun Tejpal to meet his ailing mother
- Arvind Kejriwal alleges whole media is sold, backtracks later
In 2004, there was a public interest litigation filed in the Bombay High Court challenging misuse of Development Control Regulations 33(7), which regulate reconstruction of cessed buildings in the city.
"There was a stay granted by the Bombay High Court till almost 2008. Even later there were some issues related to fungible floor space index due to which many developers could not start work, so we decided to look at NOCs granted before 2004 as there were absolutely no reason for them to not start construction," the official said.