Why is Narendra Modi hiding his wife's name, asks Digvijay
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Criticising Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for calling Minister of State for HRD Shashi Tharoor's wife a "50-crore girlfriend", Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Thursday asked the former to reveal his marital status.
Claiming that he had never made personal attacks, but was now being forced to do so after Modi's comment, Digvijay Singh said: "Why is Modi is silent about his wife's name? If you can visit You Tube and search Narendra Modi's wife, you will find the name Yashoda Ben as his wife."
Digvijay Singh further claimed that Modi's remark was not just limited to Tharoor and his wife, but it was an attack on all women.
"Narendra Modi is now trying to move out of Gujarat and become a national leader. So, he now talks less about Gujarat and talks more on national issues. He uses objectionable words against national leaders, I condemn it," he said.
"The comment that he made against Shashi Tharoor was not against him, but against the entire woman community," he added.
He also justified Tharoor's reply that Modi doesn't know how to love a woman.
In an apparent attack on Tharoor's wife Sunanda Pushkar, Modi at an election rally on Monday said: "Wah kya girlfriend hai. Apne kabhi dekha hai 50 crore ka girlfriend?" (What a girlfriend? Have you ever seen a 50-crore girlfriend)?"
"There was a Congress leader who was a minister. He was accused of amassing wealth from cricket. He had said in Parliament that he is not connected to the Rs 50 crore in the lady's name," Modi had said.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in large¬†numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, says¬†Rahul
- ‚ÄėModi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitude‚Ä¶ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for this¬†country‚Äô
- ‚ÄėNarmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canals‚Äô | The Indian Express