4 youth gangrape Class IX student in West Bengal
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7: Maxwellâs 43-ball 95 helps KXIP chase 206
A Class IX girl student was gangraped allegedly by four youth, who gagged and tied up a male friend accompanying her in adjoining South 24 Parganas district, police said today.
The girl, who had set out with the friend from Joynagar on bicycle for a relative's home at Nalua, was stopped by the four youths at Bhaganpur, Additional Superintendent of Police Kankar Prasad Barui said today.
The youth, who were unidentified, gagged and bound the male friend and allegedly gangraped the girl who fell unconscious, Barui said.
Villagers discovered the two this morning and informed the father of the girl, Renupasad Halder, he said.
The father took his daughter to the Joynagar Police Station where an FIR was filed against the four unidentified youth, the ASP said.
The girl was taken to the district headquarters town for an initial checkup and later brought to the metropolis for medical tests, Barui said.
- Treasure trove: Amicus points finger at temple ‘highest echelons’
- Ramdev ‘goes live’ on poll funding, Congress hits BJP on black money
- Vishwas, Cong worker booked
- Kanpur’s Muslim vote is for betterment, not to stop BJP
- Don’t name next Army Chief before May 16, BJP tells govt
- ‘Opposition conspiring to kill me’