Afzal Guru should be hanged on Dec 13: BJP
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Narendra Modi
- Elections 2014 LIVE: EC censures Amit Shah, Azam Khan over controversial remarks
- Rahul Gandhi tells Narendra Modi: 'Ullu' banana band karo
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: Malinga breaks solid stand, cleans up Pandey for 64
Two days ahead of the 11th anniversary of Parliament terror attack, BJP on Tuesday demanded that convict Afzal Guru be hanged on December 13 itself to pay the best homage to martyrs of the 2001 strike.
"If the government hangs Afzal Guru on December 13 itself, there cannot be anything better to pay homage to the martyrs of the December 13 attack on Parliament...It should hang the attacker of Parliament during the session of the House," BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said.
He was replying to a question on Guru whose mercy petition is pending with the government.
"BJP demands that the government should not consider vote or election politics and it should not even think that someone will raise the issue in Parliament if he is hanged," Hussain said.
Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde had yesterday said files pertaining to mercy pleas of Parliament attack case convict Afzal Guru and six others will be looked into after the ongoing Winter Session of Parliament.
Guru was sentenced to death for the 2001 Parliament attack in which nine people, including security force personnel, were killed and 16 were injured.