Why women behave differently to men
- After Fali Nariman, former SC judge questions Lokpal selection process
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Bihar: Flanked by Paswans, Narendra Modi sells âN(Development)Aâ
- Nitin Gadkari's âproposalâ for Raj Thackeray: Donât put up candidates for LS polls
- CBI to look into DLF high-rise plan near Rashtrapati Bhavan
Women behave differently to men because their brains are wired completely uniquely, according to a new book.
Neuroscientist Daniel G. Amen explained in his new book, Unleash The Power Of The Female Brain, that men and women are equally smart, but each sex uses different parts of the brain to solve problems or achieve goals, according to the Daily Mail.
Women are better at packing carefully for a family holiday because they have more brain cells in the pre-frontal cortex, the area which controls judgement, planning, and conscientiousness, he said.
Men can be more volatile and swift to anger in a crisis. It's may be because the part of their brain, the amygdala, which processes fear and anger, is much larger than a woman''s, according to the book.
The human brain is made up of grey matter (brain cells) that does the thinking, and white matter (the communication cables between brain cells), which connects different bits of the brain.
Studies have now shown that grey and white matter are differently distributed in men and women, which has massive implications for the way they behave, G. Amen noted.
Because men have more grey matter in the bit of the brain that governs intelligence, they are inclined to tackle a task with single-minded focus, not taking into account the peripheral issues that a woman might consider to be important.
On the other hand women have more white matter in the part of the brain that governs intelligence, this is the reason why when women tackle a problem, they draw on many areas at the same time, he said.
Science have also proved that women have far more cells in the part of the brain that controls empathy, which explains why they cry more often in sad movies.
There is something unique about the structure and functioning of the female brain which gives women a distinct advantage when it comes to intuition.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore