Why women behave differently to men
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: Raina departs after scoring valiant half-century
Women behave differently to men because their brains are wired completely uniquely, according to a new book.
Neuroscientist Daniel G. Amen explained in his new book, Unleash The Power Of The Female Brain, that men and women are equally smart, but each sex uses different parts of the brain to solve problems or achieve goals, according to the Daily Mail.
Women are better at packing carefully for a family holiday because they have more brain cells in the pre-frontal cortex, the area which controls judgement, planning, and conscientiousness, he said.
Men can be more volatile and swift to anger in a crisis. It's may be because the part of their brain, the amygdala, which processes fear and anger, is much larger than a woman''s, according to the book.
The human brain is made up of grey matter (brain cells) that does the thinking, and white matter (the communication cables between brain cells), which connects different bits of the brain.
Studies have now shown that grey and white matter are differently distributed in men and women, which has massive implications for the way they behave, G. Amen noted.
Because men have more grey matter in the bit of the brain that governs intelligence, they are inclined to tackle a task with single-minded focus, not taking into account the peripheral issues that a woman might consider to be important.
On the other hand women have more white matter in the part of the brain that governs intelligence, this is the reason why when women tackle a problem, they draw on many areas at the same time, he said.
Science have also proved that women have far more cells in the part of the brain that controls empathy, which explains why they cry more often in sad movies.
There is something unique about the structure and functioning of the female brain which gives women a distinct advantage when it comes to intuition.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota