Why YRF didn't give in to Aamir Khan's request for 'Dhoom 3’ special screening
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Protests against Kejriwal in Varanasi; Modi's rally stage collapses due to rain
Reportedly, 'Dhoom 3's lead actor Aamir Khan was denied a special screening of the action flick. The buzz is that Mr. Perfectionist was keen to show the film to his family and friends before the official release of the film. However, Yash Raj Films refused the request. Apparently, they were of the opinion that any screenings would affect the suspense factor of the film.
While the production house is known not to hold any screenings, previews or press shows of their films, exceptions have been made in the past. A preview show was held for Salman Khan–Katrina Kaif starrer 'Ek Tha Tiger' and a grand premiere took place before the release of Shah Rukh Khan's 'Jab Tak Hain Jaan'.
Even Rani Mukerji's film 'Dil Bole Hadippa' had a special screening in 2009, possibly owning to her special relationship with Aditya Chopra.
It does seem a bit odd that the makers didn't give in to Aamir Khan's request. We wonder if the reason is that Aamir Khan is not as close to Chopras as the other two Khans are.
Also, rumour has it that the Ambani family was also denied the privilege of having a screening of the 'Dhoom 3' at their luxurious theatre.
However, preview or no preview we're sure 'Dhoom 3' is going to create a storm at the Box Office. Directed by Vijay Krishna Acharya, 'Dhoom 3' releases today, December 20.
Watch this space for the review by Shubhra Gupta.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer