Why YRF didn't give in to Aamir Khan's request for 'Dhoom 3’ special screening
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Reportedly, 'Dhoom 3's lead actor Aamir Khan was denied a special screening of the action flick. The buzz is that Mr. Perfectionist was keen to show the film to his family and friends before the official release of the film. However, Yash Raj Films refused the request. Apparently, they were of the opinion that any screenings would affect the suspense factor of the film.
While the production house is known not to hold any screenings, previews or press shows of their films, exceptions have been made in the past. A preview show was held for Salman Khan–Katrina Kaif starrer 'Ek Tha Tiger' and a grand premiere took place before the release of Shah Rukh Khan's 'Jab Tak Hain Jaan'.
Even Rani Mukerji's film 'Dil Bole Hadippa' had a special screening in 2009, possibly owning to her special relationship with Aditya Chopra.
It does seem a bit odd that the makers didn't give in to Aamir Khan's request. We wonder if the reason is that Aamir Khan is not as close to Chopras as the other two Khans are.
Also, rumour has it that the Ambani family was also denied the privilege of having a screening of the 'Dhoom 3' at their luxurious theatre.
However, preview or no preview we're sure 'Dhoom 3' is going to create a storm at the Box Office. Directed by Vijay Krishna Acharya, 'Dhoom 3' releases today, December 20.
Watch this space for the review by Shubhra Gupta.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express