Why YRF didn't give in to Aamir Khan's request for 'Dhoom 3’ special screening
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats BJP PM candidate Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- BJP complains to EC over St Xavier principal's criticism of Modi's Guj model of development
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi attacks Gandhis, says family going strong for 60 years, time to build a strong nation
Reportedly, 'Dhoom 3's lead actor Aamir Khan was denied a special screening of the action flick. The buzz is that Mr. Perfectionist was keen to show the film to his family and friends before the official release of the film. However, Yash Raj Films refused the request. Apparently, they were of the opinion that any screenings would affect the suspense factor of the film.
While the production house is known not to hold any screenings, previews or press shows of their films, exceptions have been made in the past. A preview show was held for Salman Khan–Katrina Kaif starrer 'Ek Tha Tiger' and a grand premiere took place before the release of Shah Rukh Khan's 'Jab Tak Hain Jaan'.
Even Rani Mukerji's film 'Dil Bole Hadippa' had a special screening in 2009, possibly owning to her special relationship with Aditya Chopra.
It does seem a bit odd that the makers didn't give in to Aamir Khan's request. We wonder if the reason is that Aamir Khan is not as close to Chopras as the other two Khans are.
Also, rumour has it that the Ambani family was also denied the privilege of having a screening of the 'Dhoom 3' at their luxurious theatre.
However, preview or no preview we're sure 'Dhoom 3' is going to create a storm at the Box Office. Directed by Vijay Krishna Acharya, 'Dhoom 3' releases today, December 20.
Watch this space for the review by Shubhra Gupta.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'