Why YRF didn't give in to Aamir Khan's request for 'Dhoom 3’ special screening
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Chandrababu Naidu's TDP back in NDA, ties up with BJP for polls
- Narendra Modi not my protege, a brilliant events manager: L K Advani
- Pakistan bike-snatchers turned terrorists for IMâs âjihad liteâ
- Solicitor General Mohan Parasaran holds AAP govt Reliance FIR illegal
- ICC Twenty20 final preview: On cupâs cusp
Reportedly, 'Dhoom 3's lead actor Aamir Khan was denied a special screening of the action flick. The buzz is that Mr. Perfectionist was keen to show the film to his family and friends before the official release of the film. However, Yash Raj Films refused the request. Apparently, they were of the opinion that any screenings would affect the suspense factor of the film.
While the production house is known not to hold any screenings, previews or press shows of their films, exceptions have been made in the past. A preview show was held for Salman Khan–Katrina Kaif starrer 'Ek Tha Tiger' and a grand premiere took place before the release of Shah Rukh Khan's 'Jab Tak Hain Jaan'.
Even Rani Mukerji's film 'Dil Bole Hadippa' had a special screening in 2009, possibly owning to her special relationship with Aditya Chopra.
It does seem a bit odd that the makers didn't give in to Aamir Khan's request. We wonder if the reason is that Aamir Khan is not as close to Chopras as the other two Khans are.
Also, rumour has it that the Ambani family was also denied the privilege of having a screening of the 'Dhoom 3' at their luxurious theatre.
However, preview or no preview we're sure 'Dhoom 3' is going to create a storm at the Box Office. Directed by Vijay Krishna Acharya, 'Dhoom 3' releases today, December 20.
Watch this space for the review by Shubhra Gupta.
- All Muslim bodies supporting Congress: Chidambaram
- No alliance with Congress in 5 assembly seats: Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Urban areas forgotten as campaigners focus on villages
- AAP tea vendor to take on BJP actor from Ahmedabad East
- Rly police give clean chit to Deputy Mayor Sharma
- BJP releases manifesto, steers clear of focussing on Kher
- Babri Masjid demolition sting: BJP questions timing, asks EC to stop telecast
- Apmaan ka badla lena hoga: Amit Shah in Muzaffarnagar | The Indian Express
- Arvind Kejriwal punched during roadshow in Delhi, AAP supporters thrash attacker
- Sentencing in Shakti Mills gang-rape case likely today, convicts may get death