Wife, elder brother held for murder of 38-year-old man
- Mali hostage crisis ends as security forces gun down militants; 27 killed
- Sheena Bora case: Peter charged with murder, criminal conspiracy
- Nitish Kumar sworn in as Bihar Chief Minister; Lalu's sons in Cabinet
- UP keeps its distance from Bihar: Why Mulayam, Akhilesh didn't attend Nitish swearing-in
- Madras HC stays cancellation of Greenpeace India registration
According to the police, on December 10 night, Pervez and Alifiya waited for Mathar to fall asleep. Alifiya's 10-year-old daughter was sleeping in another room. As soon as Mathar was asleep, Pervez allegedly tried to strangle him with a wire that he had kept under his pillow beforehand. However, Mathar resisted and this unnerved Pervez, who called out to Alifiya for help, said officers.
Pervez and Alifiya allegedly smothered Mathar with a pillow. "Pervez then chopped the body while Alifiya watched. The duo stuffed the pieces into gunny sacks, which they kept in the house for a day. On December 12 night, they waited till Alifiya's daughter had fallen asleep and dumped the sacks in Titwala," Naik said.
- Modi can leverage foreign policy to repair his domestic image
- Muslims biggest losers from our reservation policy, one that Bhagwat rightly wants reviewed
- If Pak state really cared for its people, it would put national economy above all else
- Despite little coverage in India, the Argentinian presidential election is significant
- Uday lacks a strong, accessible monitoring mechanism critical for its success
- What Mr Mani Shankar Aiyar won’t say