Wife using my children as puppets, charges Pascal
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits for BJP: Mohan Bhagwat
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
French Consulate official Pascal Mazurier, accused of raping his minor daughter, today charged his wife with using his children as 'puppets' and isolating them from him for fear she would be exposed of levelling false allegations against him.
"My children are being used as puppets. It is like a strategy. She (Suja) is scared of they (children) might come and say what they feel, what they want and what they need... So what are the reasons to keep my children hidden?," he told reporters here.
Pascal said there is no court order restraining him and his parents from meeting the children. "So on what basis are my children are being isolated?," he asked.
He said no French official has seen the children and doubted if they reside in Bangalore city. "Don't my children have the right to speak and express their feelings?"
Accusing some organisations of interfering in the administration of justice, he said he has full faith in the Indian police and the judiciary. "My humble prayer is to let them work properly."
"...I am a good father and I have not committed any wrong," Pascal, who on January 11 filed an application before the Family Court to permit him and his parents to visit his children, said.
On December 23, 2012, he had met Additional Commissioner of Police (Law and Order) T Suneel Kumar to ensure he be allowed to meet the children as he and his mother wished to greet them on Christmas and give them gifts.
Pascal's petition seeking quashing of the case is pending before the High Court.
Pascal, Consular Attache to the Consulate General of France here, was arrested on June 19, 2012 on a complaint by his wife alleging that he had raped their three-and-a-half year-old daughter and was chargesheeted on September 17.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress