Will meet refinance target by June: NHB
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
The National Housing Bank (NHB) on Saturday said it expects to provide Rs 9,000 crore refinance assistance to institutions providing home loan in the next six months to meet its annual target of Rs 17,000 crore by June next year.
"Our budget is to give loans (refinance assistance) of Rs 17,000 crore from July to June period. We are confident that we will be able to meet our target," NHB Chairman and Managing Director RV Verma said on the sidelines of the National Real Estate Development Council (Naredco) convention here.
So far the housing loan refinancier has provided refinance assistance of about Rs 8,000 crore, he added.
Out of this entire target, about 90 per cent of the lending will be for houses priced below Rs 25 lakh, Verma added.