Will meet Rs 17k cr home loan disbursement target by June:NHB
- Telangana bill passage shows country can take difficult decisions: Prime Minister
- Top General speaks on 2012 troop movement: "Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly"
- âTroop movement shouldâve been avoided if they knew (V K Singhâs) court dateâ
- The 2012 troop movement investigations
- India slams Pakistan for allowing Masood Azhar to spew venom
"So far we have disbursed about Rs 8,000 crore. Our budget is to give loans of Rs 17,000 crore from July to June period. We are confident that we will be able to meet our target," NHB Chairman and Managing Director R V Verma.
on the sidelines of National Real Estate Development Council (Naredco) convention here.
Out of this entire disbursement target, about 90 per cent lending will be for houses priced below Rs 25 lakh, he added.
He said NHB usually provides loans to housing finance companies to be used for refinancing of individuals home loans and promote affordable housing.
"We offer the loans at different rates and our average interest rate is around 9.25 per cent," Verma said.
On rural housing, he said: "We offer special concessions for rural and low income house group.
For the low income group (LIG) houses priced up to Rs 5 lakh, the interest rate is 8.5 per cent. We also offer fixed interest rate on LIG for 15 years," he said.
For rural housing the interest rate is 50 basis points lower than the standard rate. So if the average rate is 9.25 per cent, for the rural area it will be 8.75 per cent.
Asked about the RBI's interest rate policy, he said: "It is very difficult to say where the interest rate will move in the current scenario. Now, growth is taking a front seat and RBI is recognising that. However, inflation is also very important."
He further said the current inflation is a cost-push phenomenon rather than a demand-push one.
"Growth may be turning in the near future and it may turn around the supply side scenario. So I think from RBI, there may be a good balance between the two while announcing any further decisions on interest rate change," Verma added.
- First of many: Sudipta Sen gets 3 yrs in jail in PF case
- Water supply board, IBM to build ‘IT command centre’
- Ban on SC students protesting lifted by govt
- Oppn trains guns on Akhilesh over Saifai celebrations, relief camp deaths
- Business as usual for top seed
- Mithun Perera, posterboy of Sri Lankan golf, makes a mark
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- Anna Hazare says, I support Mamata Banerjee for her ideas
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly