Will show a contemporary and modern Kareena at Lakme Fashion Week: Namrata
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Delhi-based designer Namrata Joshipura, who is looking forward to dress up actress Kareena Kapoor for the Grand Finale of Lakme Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2013, says, she will show the Bollywood star in a modern way.
"The collection will be western. I would like to dress her (Kareena) up in a similar way. I would like to keep her look quite in sync with the show, which is contemporary and modern... I will show a contemporary and modern Kareena," Namrata said.
About being asked whether a celebrity's presence helps a designer, Namrata says, "In this context, it is relevant as Kareena is the face for Lakme. It makes sense for her to walk the ramp. I think having celebrity in this context is alright, but otherwise I am not sure about it."
About her collection, Namrata said, "As it is going to be summer resort theme, there will be lot of bright and happy colours, lot of sheer and new kind of fabrics. It will be contemporary modern collection."
An opportunity to showcase at Lakme came as a surprise to the designer. "I was surprised. I felt honoured and privileged to present my collection at the Lakme Fashion Week and that too for the Grand Finale. It is a great platform. I am quite excited!"
Namrata feels that today's fashion has evolved a lot and was being taken more seriously.
"I think fashion in India is evolving at a fast pace. It is gaining momentum. There are talented people in tier II and III cities. I think fashion is getting its due now. It is taken more seriously. Today fashion shows are not viewed as pure entertainment," she said.
- Opening up: Rahul Gandhi plans elections to pick CWC members too
- Telangana turmoil likely in Parliament; PM says opposition to bill are hiccups, BJP to take call as per â€˜situationâ€™
- LIVE: Narendra Modi addresses first rally in Mamataâ€™sÂ turf
- Jan Lokpal Bill divides AAP and Cong, threatens Delhi govt