Will Toral Rasputra replace Pratyusha Banerjee in Balika Vadhu?
- Supreme Court to hear plea today for relook at verdict on gay sex
- J&K Governor calls for talks today, PDP signals phone call from Delhi may bring back BJP alliance
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6.7%; CRR at 4%
- Raigad: 13 Pune college students drown during picnic at Murud beach
- Zika virus outbreak: WHO declares global emergency
Actress Pratyusha Banerjee, who stepped in to play the lead role of a grown-up Anandi in Balika Vadhu, is being replaced by a new face on the popular show.
The new actress will be introduced by Colors from March 4. The channel has cited Banerjee's inability to "commit the required time" behind their decision to "mutually part ways".
According to reports, TV actress Toral Rasputra may step into Pratyusha's shoes and be the new face Anandi in Balika Vadhu.
"The show is progressing towards the highpoint focusing on Shiv-Anandi's married life. Given the hectic shooting schedules the show demands at this stage, Pratyusha has been unable to commit the required time.
"Therefore, we have mutually agreed to part ways. We understand Pratyusha's perspective and wish her all the best for her future endeavors," a channel spokesperson said in a statement.
The actress stepped into the shoes of popular child star Avika Gor as grown-up Anandi on the show in 2010 when it took a five-year leap.
When contacted, Banerjee declined to comment about the reason behind her exit from the show that made her a popular face on television.
- The economy is best served by lowering interest rates and blocking protectionism
- As it completes 10 years, there is enough evidence to show that India needs the MGNREGA
- For Randhir Singh, teaching was next to revolution-making.
- Intizar Husain seemed as much a stranger in a strange land in Pakistan as he did in India
- Ten years on, MGNREGA requires constant review. And consistency in political support
- The global economy is in trouble but India is attracting positive comment