Will Toral Rasputra replace Pratyusha Banerjee in Balika Vadhu?
- Government issues high alert, says Islamic State expanding area of terror
- Putin vows to hunt down those who bombed Russian plane in Egypt
- Mani Shankar Aiyar to Pakistan channel: Remove Modi for talks to resume
- Chittoor Mayor shot dead while trying to save husband
- Hyderabad nursery student dies after head gets stuck in school lift
Actress Pratyusha Banerjee, who stepped in to play the lead role of a grown-up Anandi in Balika Vadhu, is being replaced by a new face on the popular show.
The new actress will be introduced by Colors from March 4. The channel has cited Banerjee's inability to "commit the required time" behind their decision to "mutually part ways".
According to reports, TV actress Toral Rasputra may step into Pratyusha's shoes and be the new face Anandi in Balika Vadhu.
"The show is progressing towards the highpoint focusing on Shiv-Anandi's married life. Given the hectic shooting schedules the show demands at this stage, Pratyusha has been unable to commit the required time.
"Therefore, we have mutually agreed to part ways. We understand Pratyusha's perspective and wish her all the best for her future endeavors," a channel spokesperson said in a statement.
The actress stepped into the shoes of popular child star Avika Gor as grown-up Anandi on the show in 2010 when it took a five-year leap.
When contacted, Banerjee declined to comment about the reason behind her exit from the show that made her a popular face on television.
- Europe’s challenge: Find a political solution to the quagmire in West Asia
- Surrogacy isn’t morally reprehensible, surrogates should be seen as workers
- One world, one battlefield
- With five states polling soon, the great Indian election will continue without recess
- Why Stockholm punches above its weight in innovation and entrepreneurship
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since