Will Toral Rasputra replace Pratyusha Banerjee in Balika Vadhu?
- If Pakistan has sympathy for Kashmiri youth, they shouldn’t provoke them to attack army camps: Mehbooba Mufti
- Dhaka cafe attack mastermind, 2 others killed in police encounter
- Rio 2016 review: What they did at home, what in Olympics
- Buzz of change in Maldives, Mohammed Nasheed flies secretly to Lanka
- Kashmir: Police constable shot dead by terrorists
Actress Pratyusha Banerjee, who stepped in to play the lead role of a grown-up Anandi in Balika Vadhu, is being replaced by a new face on the popular show.
The new actress will be introduced by Colors from March 4. The channel has cited Banerjee's inability to "commit the required time" behind their decision to "mutually part ways".
According to reports, TV actress Toral Rasputra may step into Pratyusha's shoes and be the new face Anandi in Balika Vadhu.
"The show is progressing towards the highpoint focusing on Shiv-Anandi's married life. Given the hectic shooting schedules the show demands at this stage, Pratyusha has been unable to commit the required time.
"Therefore, we have mutually agreed to part ways. We understand Pratyusha's perspective and wish her all the best for her future endeavors," a channel spokesperson said in a statement.
The actress stepped into the shoes of popular child star Avika Gor as grown-up Anandi on the show in 2010 when it took a five-year leap.
When contacted, Banerjee declined to comment about the reason behind her exit from the show that made her a popular face on television.
- Dalits are angry about the hollowness of the current hyper-nationalism
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s slogan of 'insaniyat, Kashmiriat' has no meaning today
- Kejriwal’s attention is fixed on winning the Centre rather than making mohallas run better
- Inside Track: Turf tussle
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.