Will Toral Rasputra replace Pratyusha Banerjee in Balika Vadhu?
- Quota row: Curfew imposed in Gujarat's Mehsana district
- Indrani Mukherjea, former Star TV CEO Peter Mukherjea's wife, arrested on murder charge
- India's population 121.09 crore; Hindus 79.8 pc, Muslims 14.2 pc: Census
- Kejriwal meets PM Modi, talks about better Centre-State relation
- BJP registers comfortable win in Bengaluru civic polls, setback for Congress
Actress Pratyusha Banerjee, who stepped in to play the lead role of a grown-up Anandi in Balika Vadhu, is being replaced by a new face on the popular show.
The new actress will be introduced by Colors from March 4. The channel has cited Banerjee's inability to "commit the required time" behind their decision to "mutually part ways".
According to reports, TV actress Toral Rasputra may step into Pratyusha's shoes and be the new face Anandi in Balika Vadhu.
"The show is progressing towards the highpoint focusing on Shiv-Anandi's married life. Given the hectic shooting schedules the show demands at this stage, Pratyusha has been unable to commit the required time.
"Therefore, we have mutually agreed to part ways. We understand Pratyusha's perspective and wish her all the best for her future endeavors," a channel spokesperson said in a statement.
The actress stepped into the shoes of popular child star Avika Gor as grown-up Anandi on the show in 2010 when it took a five-year leap.
When contacted, Banerjee declined to comment about the reason behind her exit from the show that made her a popular face on television.