Windfall: Govt ups housing bar
- Arvind Kejriwal to launch AAP's Lok Sabha poll campaign from Haryana today
- Donât discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit to Shinde
- Fraud Office gets govt nod to prosecute Radia firms
- âStingâ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Army said unit was headed for IAF drill, ex-Air Chief says this was due only a month later
"The income criteria for EWS housings was Rs 60,000 per year, which we have now raised to Rs 1 lakh. That means those having household income of Rs 1 lakh can avail the benefits of EWS housing schemes. Similarly, for LIG category the income limit has been raised to Rs 2 lakh," Union Minister for Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation (HUPA) Ajay Maken told reporters here.
The decision will be put in place during the 12th Five Year Plan and is being communicated to banks and state governments for effective implementation, he said.
After inaugurating the Build Tech-2012 organised by HUDCO here, the Union Minister said "now, these people will be able to take benefits under Rajiv Awas Yojna (RAY) and EWS Housing Schemes", he said adding in a lighter vein "they will not be required to make false income certificates anymore."
Asked about the number of people who will benefit by these measures, he said "we have a target of covering 20 lakh people under the 12th Five Year Plan and this is going to be a "big step" in that direction as more people will now qualify for (home) loans."
Maken said the decision will be implemented with immediate effect and steps are being taken for that.
"We have issued orders from the Ministry and banks and state governments will be told about it. It will be implemented with immediate effect," he said.
Praising the role of HUDCO in this regard, Maken said "HUDCO's role as a bank is very important for helping the poor people meet their housing requirements."
HUDCO Build Tech¿2012, was inaugurated today at the India International Trade Fair (IITF). It is an attempt to showcase cost effective, sustainable, innovative and environment-friendly building material, a Ministry release said.
Various new and energy efficient technologies, interior designing and green building concepts are also displayed at the fair.
Activities of several real estate and housing finance companies would also be projected, the release added.
- ‘Irrespective of the noise, BJP won’t get so many seats. There is craze for Modi, but how much translates into votes is difficult to say’
- Hindus should 'produce' at least 5 children, says VHP leader Ashok Singhal
- AMU teachers body to boycott Mulayam visit
- Mulayam, Akhilesh woo Brahmins, Muslims
- ‘Sting’ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Don’t discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit writes to Shinde
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly
- Government blames BJP for delay in passage of Telangana bill in Rajya Sabha, may extend Parliament session
- Dhoni, do you believe you can win abroad? | The Indian Express
- ‘Troop movement should’ve been avoided if they knew (V K Singh’s) court date’