- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Seven-storey building collapses in Mumbai
- John Kerry refuses to comment on Narendra Modi visa issue
- Arvind Kejriwal alleges whole media is sold, backtracks later
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
Here's what the recipients of the 19th Colors Screen Awards said as they took the trophy home
Best Director, Barfi!
I have to thank UTV Ronnie Screwvala and Siddharth Roy Kapur for having blind faith on me and my crazy filmmaking that compelled me to deliver. I would like to dedicate the award to Bobby Singh, who was my cinematographer for Gangster and Life..in a Metro (Singh passed away last month).
Best Actor (Female)
This is my fourth Screen award in a row. I want to thank Sujoy, Parambrata, Advaita Kala and the city of Kolkata. When we started, it was Ekla chalo re, but eventually, we did it.
Best Debut Director, English Vinglish
I need to thank a bunch of people
who believed in me and the film the whole team, my husband who produced it, and finally Sridevi, who carried the film on her shoulders.
Best Music, Barfi!
This is my 10th year in the industry and 10th nomination at the Screen awards, but the first time that I've won the award.
Best Actor in a Comic Role, Vicky Donor
I must be grateful to this stage and the people who have accepted me. I should use this platform to address more important issues. We are idolised in this country and we should be more responsible about the power we have.