Wipro, Siemens shares fall after removal from NSE index
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
Shares in software service exporter Wipro Ltd fell as much as 2.2 percent while power equipment makers' Siemens shares Ltd retreated on Thursday after India Index Services & Products Ltd said both companies would be removed from the NSE's 50-stock main index starting on April 1.
India Index Services & Products announced the exclusion in a statement on Wednesday, adding private sector lender IndusInd Bank Ltd and iron ore producer NMDC Ltd would be included in the Nifty index in their place.
Wipro shares were down 2.1 percent as of 0358 GMT. Siemens, the Indian subsidiary of Siemens AG, was down 1.7 percent. However, NMDC shares rose 2.8 percent while IndusInd rose 0.5 percent.
Stocks More on Wipro
Company INFO More on Wipro