Wipro, Siemens shares fall after removal from NSE index
- Former Maharashtra home minister RR Patil passes away at 58
- HC to Manjhi govt: Don't take decisions having financial implications
- Kiran Bedi writes an open letter, says 'relieved my parents were not alive to see this'
- 'Fever gone', Kejriwal's top five priorities as he takes charge of Delhi
- It would be 'Bhaag BJP Bhaag' in 2016, says TMC after bypoll win
Shares in software service exporter Wipro Ltd fell as much as 2.2 percent while power equipment makers' Siemens shares Ltd retreated on Thursday after India Index Services & Products Ltd said both companies would be removed from the NSE's 50-stock main index starting on April 1.
India Index Services & Products announced the exclusion in a statement on Wednesday, adding private sector lender IndusInd Bank Ltd and iron ore producer NMDC Ltd would be included in the Nifty index in their place.
Wipro shares were down 2.1 percent as of 0358 GMT. Siemens, the Indian subsidiary of Siemens AG, was down 1.7 percent. However, NMDC shares rose 2.8 percent while IndusInd rose 0.5 percent.
Stocks More on Wipro
Company INFO More on Wipro