Wipro, Siemens shares fall after removal from NSE index
- 20 jawans feared dead as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Shares in software service exporter Wipro Ltd fell as much as 2.2 percent while power equipment makers' Siemens shares Ltd retreated on Thursday after India Index Services & Products Ltd said both companies would be removed from the NSE's 50-stock main index starting on April 1.
India Index Services & Products announced the exclusion in a statement on Wednesday, adding private sector lender IndusInd Bank Ltd and iron ore producer NMDC Ltd would be included in the Nifty index in their place.
Wipro shares were down 2.1 percent as of 0358 GMT. Siemens, the Indian subsidiary of Siemens AG, was down 1.7 percent. However, NMDC shares rose 2.8 percent while IndusInd rose 0.5 percent.
Stocks More on Wipro
Company INFO More on Wipro
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express