Wish you get minimum info on police this year: Top cop to media
- Elections 2014 LIVE: BJP releases poll manifesto, says no to retail FDI
- Chandrababu Naidu's TDP back in NDA, joins hands with BJP
- Sri Lanka end 18-year wait
- In first visit after riots, Mulayam defends UP govt, rakes up Gujarat
- India kicks-off world's largest democratic excercise as voting begins in Assam, Tripura
Mediapersons got to see the fun side of Police Commissioner Nirmal Singh Dhillon on Wednesday, who was at his wittiest best, cracking joke after joke. "The first day of a new year must start on a happy note and you all must laugh a lot to keep healthy and happy the rest of the year," Dhillon said, his sense of humour on full display.
As he made mediapersons laugh, he even invited them to share their hidden talents apart from just reporting news. And in a lighter vein, Dhillon said, "I wish that you all get minimum information about the police department this entire year."
When someone suggested that he could do a perfect job as co-host with Navjot Sidhu on a popular comedy show, Dhillon said, "I don't want to be a sailor in two boats. I want to be perfect here only."
Later, talking about his working style, he said, "I welcome healthy criticism as no one can deliver 100 per cent. But one must always walk towards perfection so as to achieve the maximum."
Dhillon said Ludhiana hold a special place for him as he started his career from here as an advocate that he will continue to do good for the city.
- Candidates steering towards auto unions to rev up support
- ‘Will send builders of illegal structures to jail’
- To root out corruption, vote for change and give the new face a chance, says Bains
- Green campaign: Phoolka to ride cycle, Bittu talks of birds
- SUV driver hits car, tries to run over inspector at naka; cases registered
- Parties cash in on Sunday mood, star appeal for votes