'Wished my body to be covered by the BJP flag', says emotional Kalyan Singh on return
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Rejoicing about his dream to be with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) till his last breath, former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Kalyan Singh on Monday described himself as fortunate that the party has again shown faith in him.
Addressing the BJP's 'Atal Shankhnad Rally here following its official merger with his Jan Kranti Party, an emotional Kalyan Singh said:"I disassociated with the BJP under some circumstances, but now I am back. I am fortunate that the almighty allowed me relive my old dream."
"Once I had said that I wanted to be with the BJP till the end of my life and wished that my body to be covered by the BJP flag after my death. The learning from the Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS) and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is flowing in my blood," he said.
Singh also expressed hope that Nitin Gadkari will again assume the post of party president very soon and the party will flourish under his leadership to win the general election in 2014.
All senior BJP leaders, including Murli Manohar Joshi, Rajnath Singh, Uma Bharti, Nitin Gadkari and state BJP president Laxmikant Bajpai were present to welcome Kalyan Singh, his son and supporters back into their fold.