'Wished my body to be covered by the BJP flag', says emotional Kalyan Singh on return
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
Rejoicing about his dream to be with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) till his last breath, former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Kalyan Singh on Monday described himself as fortunate that the party has again shown faith in him.
Addressing the BJP's 'Atal Shankhnad Rally here following its official merger with his Jan Kranti Party, an emotional Kalyan Singh said:"I disassociated with the BJP under some circumstances, but now I am back. I am fortunate that the almighty allowed me relive my old dream."
"Once I had said that I wanted to be with the BJP till the end of my life and wished that my body to be covered by the BJP flag after my death. The learning from the Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS) and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is flowing in my blood," he said.
Singh also expressed hope that Nitin Gadkari will again assume the post of party president very soon and the party will flourish under his leadership to win the general election in 2014.
All senior BJP leaders, including Murli Manohar Joshi, Rajnath Singh, Uma Bharti, Nitin Gadkari and state BJP president Laxmikant Bajpai were present to welcome Kalyan Singh, his son and supporters back into their fold.