'Wished my body to be covered by the BJP flag', says emotional Kalyan Singh on return
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
Rejoicing about his dream to be with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) till his last breath, former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Kalyan Singh on Monday described himself as fortunate that the party has again shown faith in him.
Addressing the BJP's 'Atal Shankhnad Rally here following its official merger with his Jan Kranti Party, an emotional Kalyan Singh said:"I disassociated with the BJP under some circumstances, but now I am back. I am fortunate that the almighty allowed me relive my old dream."
"Once I had said that I wanted to be with the BJP till the end of my life and wished that my body to be covered by the BJP flag after my death. The learning from the Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS) and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is flowing in my blood," he said.
Singh also expressed hope that Nitin Gadkari will again assume the post of party president very soon and the party will flourish under his leadership to win the general election in 2014.
All senior BJP leaders, including Murli Manohar Joshi, Rajnath Singh, Uma Bharti, Nitin Gadkari and state BJP president Laxmikant Bajpai were present to welcome Kalyan Singh, his son and supporters back into their fold.