'Wished my body to be covered by the BJP flag', says emotional Kalyan Singh on return
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Thousands join Narendra Modi as he begins roadshow ahead of filing nomination from Varanasi
- Modi to Cong: Just 20 days more...Will take revenge
- SC to frame rules to snip govt ads
- Donât allow regional parties to contest LS polls: Chavan
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Modi urges youngsters to vote; Medha Patkar alleges money distribution by parties
Rejoicing about his dream to be with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) till his last breath, former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Kalyan Singh on Monday described himself as fortunate that the party has again shown faith in him.
Addressing the BJP's 'Atal Shankhnad Rally here following its official merger with his Jan Kranti Party, an emotional Kalyan Singh said:"I disassociated with the BJP under some circumstances, but now I am back. I am fortunate that the almighty allowed me relive my old dream."
"Once I had said that I wanted to be with the BJP till the end of my life and wished that my body to be covered by the BJP flag after my death. The learning from the Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS) and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is flowing in my blood," he said.
Singh also expressed hope that Nitin Gadkari will again assume the post of party president very soon and the party will flourish under his leadership to win the general election in 2014.
All senior BJP leaders, including Murli Manohar Joshi, Rajnath Singh, Uma Bharti, Nitin Gadkari and state BJP president Laxmikant Bajpai were present to welcome Kalyan Singh, his son and supporters back into their fold.
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling
- Hyderabad blast 2013: Agencies hunt for Mangalore ‘source’
- Police raids Giriraj Singh's home to arrest him for hate remarks
- Main accused in hawala racket has underworld links: Police
- Sindhu, Kashyap advance, Srikanth exits early at Asian C’ships