WishTel launches tablet with Hindi user interface
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions
- Nandan Nilekani, Mohammad Kaif in Congressâs first list for 194 seats
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Naidu
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Kejriwal joins list of VIPs with âZâ category security
WishTel has launched a seven-inch Android tablet called Ira Icon that has a Hindi user interface. All the icons and options are available in Hindi and it also has a Hindi keyboard.
The tablet comes with a BSNL SIM card, with an introductory offer of 2 GB free data for two months. The company says users can access and send emails in Hindi, use Facebook in Hindi, watch Hindi movies and TV channels, read Hindi news and books and sign up for education courses in Hindi.
In a release, WishTel says: "Just 11 per cent of people in India speak English. There are 500 million active tablet users in India. Lack of Indian language keyboards has been one of their major problems. Considering all these facts, WishTel and BSNL have launched this tablet with Hindi interface."
Ira Icon has a 1024x768 pixel capacitive multi-touch screen that runs on Android 4.0. It has a 1.2 GHz processor and 1GB RAM. It supports phone calls, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and comes with built-in stereo speakers and a microphone. The device comes with a full complement of ports, including USB and SD card. It has a 0.3-megapixel front camera and 2-megapixel rear camera. The tablet comes with a 4,000 mAh battery, 8GB internal storage (expandable using a microSD card).
The price is Rs 7,999 for the base model and will go up to Rs 12,000.
- Nilekani gets Cong nod for B’lore South
- Independents, smaller parties throng Ralegan Siddhi for Hazare’s support
- 12 MPs retained as BJP announces first state list
- Modi’s Chai pe Charcha part II a women’s day out
- Thank God I am not killed in encounter, says Kejriwal
- Lok Sabha poll fever rules Women’s Day celebrations