With eye on LS polls, BJP plans rally for women
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- India joins global search to locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
To draw the support of women ahead of Lok Sabha elections, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is going to organise a rally in Lucknow on the occasion of International Women's Day on March 8.
Senior party leaders in the rally will target the UPA government as well as Samajwadi Party government for the incidents of crime against women. Sources said that party is organising a rally for women after a very long time. Party leaders are hopeful that the rally would help BJP in next Lok Sabha elections.
BJP state unit has invited Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj to be the chief guest at the rally. Sushma will also lead a torch march on the occasion.
Party spokesperson Hridya Narain Dixit said the rally would protest the increasing incidents of crime against women under the UPA government at the Centre, as well as Samajwadi Party government in the state. "Through this rally, we will assure women that only BJP is concerned for their security," Dixit said.
The party has started preparations for the rally in the supervision of state president Laxmikant Bajpai and former state president Ramapatiram Tripathi. To make the rally a success, Bajpai has assigned responsibilities to several leaders to tour all the districts across the state in the next one month and ensure participation of large number of women from villages as well as urban areas in the rally.