With hike in fares, Shatabdi to cost Rs 28 more
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
Travelling by Kalka Shatabdi between Chandigarh and Delhi will cost around Rs 28 more from January 21. With the rail fares increasing after a decade, the passengers will now have to shell out more for trains.
The railways has increased the fare for chair car by 10 paise per kilometre.
The fare for the morning Shatabdi between Delhi and Chandigarh is Rs 451 for chair car. This will increase to Rs 479, while it will be Rs 988 for the executive. Meanwhile for the evening Shatabdi, the fare for chair car will increase to Rs 464 for the chair car and Rs 968 for executive.
For Jan Shatabdi, between Chandigarh and Delhi, the fare for the chair car will increase from the existing Rs 358 to Rs 385.
While the fare for the Superfast Express between Chandigarh and Amritsar for the chair car will be Rs 360.
Third Shatabdi from January 14
The third Shatabdi between Chandigarh and Delhi will be flagged off on January 14 by the Union Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal.
The train will ply six days a wekk and will start its journey from Chandigarh at 11.40 am and reach Delhi at 3 pm. From Delhi the journey would commence at 7.15 pm and the train would arrive in Chandigarh at 10.35 pm.
The rail fare had earlier been hiked in the last rail budget. However, it had to be rolled back after protests from the allies of the UPA government. With Bansal being given the charge of the Railways Ministry, the Congress had its own party leader incharge of the ministry after several years. After taking over, Bansal had stated that there would be an increase in the fare. No further hike in fares is expected to be announced in the Railway Budget for the financial year 2013-14.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2