With Mumbai attack anniv near, India scraps Rehman Malik trip
- April 24 elections roundup: Four policemen, two polling officers killed in Maoist attack
- Thousands turn up at Narendra Modi's Varanasi roadshow, BJP's PM candidate files nomination papers
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Rahul Gandhi joins sister Priyanka in attacking Narendra Modi on snoopgate
- IPL 7: KKR seal thriller in Sharjah
Both the countries are also willing to operationalise the new visa regime before the upcoming Indo-Pak limited over cricket series beginning December 25.
While there was no time-frame for issuance of non-diplomatic visas, the new pact says visa has to be issued with a period of not exceeding 45 days of application.
Under the new regime, one can visit five places, instead of the three at present, and those above 65 years of age and children below 12 years of age and "eminent" businessmen are exempted from reporting to the police.