With octroi set to go, civic body to focus on other revenue sources
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi's vision is limited to 'toffees and balloons', says Raman Singh
"PMC is supposed to get money from licences issued to commercial structures as per the business in the property, but many such commercial structures are out of the tax net and run without valid PMC nod," said a civic officer.
The civic body has also rented out its various properties to organisations and citizens, but the PMC has no updated record of its properties and the amount of rent charged is minimal, leading to reduction in revenue collection compared to market rate.
The PMC initiative to carry out tender process for issuing advertising licences revealed that the civic body was losing large amount of revenue by not following the tender process in the past.