With octroi set to go, civic body to focus on other revenue sources
- Breaking: Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
"PMC is supposed to get money from licences issued to commercial structures as per the business in the property, but many such commercial structures are out of the tax net and run without valid PMC nod," said a civic officer.
The civic body has also rented out its various properties to organisations and citizens, but the PMC has no updated record of its properties and the amount of rent charged is minimal, leading to reduction in revenue collection compared to market rate.
The PMC initiative to carry out tender process for issuing advertising licences revealed that the civic body was losing large amount of revenue by not following the tender process in the past.