With online facility, e-kiosks, DJB makes bill payment easy
- Hunt on for Malaysian Airlines: Stolen passports, missing debris fuel fears of foul play
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Rs 25,000 cr: CAG sees biggest ever J&K land scam
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit commissioned the Delhi Jal Board's (DJB) online bill payment facility and its first e-kiosk on Friday. The DJB's revenue management system (RMS) aims to facilitate the process of bill payment without having to visit any offices.
Lauding the efforts of the DJB, Dikshit said such systems would help reduce complaints and ensure no mismatch or mistrust over bills.
"This is a major step taken by DJB to provide better service to the people of Delhi. Plans are also underway to let people pay their water bills using mobile phones," Dikshit said on Friday at the Delhi Secretariat.
Along with the online payment facility, the DJB has also opened 512 virtual payment counters across the city, which are expected to cater to at least 20 lakh customers.
"The online payment facility is available round the clock on all days. This will allow people to make payments from any part of the world," Dikshit said.
To use the facility, consumers need to login to the DJB's portal using the new K number mentioned in the bill.
"On validation of details, the portal will display the particulars of the consumer and the bill amount. Consumers can choose to pay using credit cards, debit cards or net banking," a senior DJB official said.
He said 51 leading public and private sector banks have been listed for payment.
The DJB has also installed 37 e-kiosks at various zonal offices and collection centres for making payments in cash and by cheque.
According to the DJB, consumers can also view their past bills, payment history, past acknowledgement receipts and grievance redressal statuses.
The DJB has partnered with the NSDL Database Management Limited (NDML) to provide these facilities.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress