With Ponty and Hardeep Chadha murders still shrouded in mystery, cops arrest guards
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS; Lok Sabha elections battle between two completely different ideologies, says Sonia Gandhi
- Elections 2014 Live: BJP workers embarrass Murli Joshi by shouting pro-Modi slogans
Days after the gruesome deaths of Ponty and Hardeep Chadha came to light, police are yet to provide an actual, blow-by-blow account of what transpired at the farmhouse, fuelling numerous rumours about contract killings and more.
However, four guards of Ponty Chadha have been arrested for allegedly entering a farmhouse and thrashing men there on Saturday, hours before the liquor baron was killed at the same place even as questions were raised about police response to a call made to them about a scuffle.
The four men were among a group of people that entered the farmhouse in Chhattarpur here on Saturday morning, beat up men of Ponty's younger brother Hardeep, with whom the liquor baron had a dispute, and threw them out before firing in air and snatching their mobile phones, police said today.
Those arrested have been identified as Udayraj Singh, Bhupinder Singh Bisht, Rajpal and Anand Singh Bisht – all men of Ponty, Joint Commissioner of Police (South-West) Vivek Gogia told reporters.
This incident at around 11 AM had preceded the shootout later in the south Delhi farmhouse in which Ponty and Hardeep were killed almost 90 minutes later.
Tension was brewing between Ponty and Hardeep for a couple of days before their killing and on the same day in south-west Delhi's Bijwasan area, the liquor baron's men had allegedly tried to evict Hardeep's staff from a farmhouse. Two persons --Madan Rana and Vijay-- were arrested in this connection.
Questions have also been raised about the response of the police to a call made at around 11:50 AM on Saturday about the scuffle inside the Chhattarpur farm.
Police said the personnel who had gone to the spot had reported that they could not find anything untoward there and everything was peaceful though bullets were fired in the air when Ponty's men beat up Hardeep's staff.
- Sonia, Rahul must come clean on issues raised in the books:BJP
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign