With Shivpal at helm, kin, friends tighten grip on cooperative sector
- Indrani told ex-husband if Sheena dies, we share Peter’s fortune, says Police
- Patidar Protests: Gujarat braces for a funeral as Hardik Patel heads to Delhi today
- Govt plans to set up teams of experts to quickly react to ‘negative news’
- Uttarakhand, 2 years later: A reason to smile
- Inform me of your meetings with minister Prakash Javadekar: MoeF Secretary to team
Recovering from the stigma of multi-crore NRHM scam, the Akhilesh Yadav government has already allotted projects worth several crores. PACCFED has been assigned to construct 28 health centers estimated to be worth
Rs 42 crore under the NRHM scheme. Another Rs 100 crore has been sanctioned for construction of godowns in several districts under cooperative department.
Earlier, the works were allotted to contractors without any tendering and were issued advance payment. Most of them did not complete the work on time. In the absence of any checks, the quality of work was bad. There was also siphoning of money. Babu Singh Kushwaha, who has since been arrested, was the co-operative minister. The CBI, which is investigating the NRHM scam on the order of the Allahabad High Court, has chargesheeted four officials of PACCFED, including then MD V K Choudhary, Superintendent Engineer A K Srivastava, Chief Engineer M M Tripathi and Assistant Engineer Vipul Gupta, besides Kushwaha.
Another Yadav kin likely to get top post