Woman ‘kills’ husband for rape bid on daughter
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
A local court at Dediapada in Narmada district Monday sent a woman accused of murdering her husband to 14-day judicial custody. The woman allegedly murdered her husband late on Saturday evening when he allegedly tried to rape their daughter.
The woman (47) was arrested on Sunday after the deceased's younger brother filed a complaint of murder against the woman with the Dediapada police station. Today, she was produced before a Judicial Magistrate (first class) who sent her to judicial custody in Rajpipla sub-jail.
"The woman has confessed that she axed her 45-year-old husband after he tried to rape their 19-year-old daughter on Saturday night. We have recovered the weapon used in the crime. Our investigation is over so we did not seek her custody," said a Dediapada police officer.
According to the police, the man had allegedly tried to rape his daughter four days ago as well and at that time, his wife had let him go with a warning.
On Saturday evening, he allegedly ordered the girl to go to a corner of their farm. When she reached there, he allegedly tried to force himself on her. When the girl raised an alarm, he tried to attack her with an axe. By this time, his wife reached the spot, snatched away the axe from him and hit him with it on the neck and chest, killing him on the spot, police said.