Woman ‘kills’ husband for rape bid on daughter
- Sushma Swaraj rubbishes Pakistan's 4-point peace formula at UN
- US shooting: 15 dead, 20 wounded at Oregon community college; shooter detained
- Day after Dadri lynching, VP Ansari says state has to ensure right to life
- Delhi: Man shoots self at Rajiv Chowk Metro station
- BJP MP compares Modi with Gandhi, Cong says 'sycophancy at its worst'
A local court at Dediapada in Narmada district Monday sent a woman accused of murdering her husband to 14-day judicial custody. The woman allegedly murdered her husband late on Saturday evening when he allegedly tried to rape their daughter.
The woman (47) was arrested on Sunday after the deceased's younger brother filed a complaint of murder against the woman with the Dediapada police station. Today, she was produced before a Judicial Magistrate (first class) who sent her to judicial custody in Rajpipla sub-jail.
"The woman has confessed that she axed her 45-year-old husband after he tried to rape their 19-year-old daughter on Saturday night. We have recovered the weapon used in the crime. Our investigation is over so we did not seek her custody," said a Dediapada police officer.
According to the police, the man had allegedly tried to rape his daughter four days ago as well and at that time, his wife had let him go with a warning.