Woman ‘kills’ husband for rape bid on daughter
- Unjust to blame Modi, Shah alone for Bihar debacle: Nitin Gadkari
- High Drama at Akal Takht, bid to attack Jathedar
- Every action has equal and opposite reaction: Nitish on BJP rumblings
- Chetia handed over to India: All you need to know about the ULFA leader
- For second successive year, PM Modi celebrates Diwali with jawans
A local court at Dediapada in Narmada district Monday sent a woman accused of murdering her husband to 14-day judicial custody. The woman allegedly murdered her husband late on Saturday evening when he allegedly tried to rape their daughter.
The woman (47) was arrested on Sunday after the deceased's younger brother filed a complaint of murder against the woman with the Dediapada police station. Today, she was produced before a Judicial Magistrate (first class) who sent her to judicial custody in Rajpipla sub-jail.
"The woman has confessed that she axed her 45-year-old husband after he tried to rape their 19-year-old daughter on Saturday night. We have recovered the weapon used in the crime. Our investigation is over so we did not seek her custody," said a Dediapada police officer.
According to the police, the man had allegedly tried to rape his daughter four days ago as well and at that time, his wife had let him go with a warning.
- Borrowing costs for states with varying deficits can’t be the same
- There was a silent wave in support of Nitish and Lalu
- A new Indo-US partnership model
- Patriot or nationalist? Why I will never be the latter
- India’s external sector has never been as strong as it has been since 1991-92
- An alarming rise in pollution levels underscores the urgent need for better regulation