Woman alleges gangrape by 3, 2 detained
- Breaking: Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
A 35-year-old woman from Jashodanagar area of the city was allegedly gangraped by three men under the Jashodanagar Bridge early on Wednesday.
The woman lives in a slum under the Jashodanagar Bridge with her children. Police said the three suspects, identified as Gopal, Madhav and Bako, are residents of the same area.
According to the police, the woman had an affair with Gopal for seven months. After they broke up, she had an affair with Madhav.
The women had reportedly eloped with Bako, who stays nearby, a few days ago, police said, adding that Bako's wife traced them in Vadodara and brought them back.
Police said the three men gangraped her to take revenge.
DCP Zone V S M Khatri said, "We have detained Gopal and Madhav while we have brought Bako's wife for questioning. Ramila told us the entire story and claimed that her husband was with her when the incident happened."
"Bako's wife claimed that the victim had been having affairs with several men. We will grill them to see whether the case is genuine or not," he added.
Meanwhile, the victim was shifted to civil hospital where the doctors have examined her. A detailed report would be handed over to police on Thursday.
The Khokhra police have lodged a case of rape and begun further investigations against them.