Woman alleges molestation by cop
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi, says her focus remains Rae Bareli and Amethi
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh's book embarrasses PM; 'Singh had little political authority'
- Two yrs after townâs first-ever riots, Kosi Kalan shadow hangs large over Mathura
- Fresh FIR against Azam Khan
- Elections 2014 Live: BJP wants to destroy secular values, only Congress promises secularism, says Sonia Gandhi
A 29-year-old woman alleged that she was molested by a police sub-inspector, who was under the influence of alcohol, at her Santacruz home early on Friday morning, hours after she had asked the police for help. The Santacruz police, however, denied the claim. They claimed that the complainant did not allow police officers to enter her home when they reached the spot.
The complainant, a native of Delhi, has been locked in a property dispute with her in-laws. She has been living in their house in Santacruz west for the past month. Her husband passed away a few months ago. She alleged that her father-in-law has been trying to evict her from the house. "There are private security guards at the entrance of our apartment," she said.
Around 11 pm Thursday, after she entered the apartment the guards kept on knocking her door and threatening her, she said. "I called up the police as I was scared," she said.
"Two officers came around 1.30 am. One of them, sub-inspector Pawar, was drunk. He grabbed my hand and twisted it. Meanwhile, his colleague did not do anything to stop him," she alleged.
Santacruz police station senior inspector Arun Chavan refuted the claim. "She did not let the officers inside. From where does the question of a policeman molesting her arise?" he said.
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit