Woman alleges rape by four, case registered
- Modi's appeal to the rich: 'Give up subsidised LPG'
- Distrust deepens, AAP countdown begins for easing out Yadav and Prashant Bhushan
- MS Dhoni: Smudged, but colour remains
- Maharashtra: First arrests made under new law banning beef trade
- Ribeiro an icon, I felt sad reading his piece, told the PM: Nitin Gadkari
A widow in her 30s has alleged that four persons gangraped her. While two of them were her brothers-in-law, one was a relative and the third one was unknown.
The woman had come from Sangrur to the military headquarters. Her husband who was in the Army had died recently and she had come here in connection with the pension case.
The woman was found in an unconscious state on Monday night near the Central Jail. ASI Karamjit Singh had spotted her and rushed her to the Civil Hospital. After she came to her senses on Tuesday evening, she said that she had come to the city in connection with the pension case, but on her way back, her relatives offered her lift up to Sangrur. On the way, they offered her juice which made her unconscious. Later, she found herself in a room where she was being raped.
The woman was later thrown near the Central Jail, she alleged.
The police have registered a case. Medical examination of the victim is yet to be done.