Woman alleges rape by four, case registered
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- Election Commission lifts ban on BJP leader Amit Shah after he promises to behave
A widow in her 30s has alleged that four persons gangraped her. While two of them were her brothers-in-law, one was a relative and the third one was unknown.
The woman had come from Sangrur to the military headquarters. Her husband who was in the Army had died recently and she had come here in connection with the pension case.
The woman was found in an unconscious state on Monday night near the Central Jail. ASI Karamjit Singh had spotted her and rushed her to the Civil Hospital. After she came to her senses on Tuesday evening, she said that she had come to the city in connection with the pension case, but on her way back, her relatives offered her lift up to Sangrur. On the way, they offered her juice which made her unconscious. Later, she found herself in a room where she was being raped.
The woman was later thrown near the Central Jail, she alleged.
The police have registered a case. Medical examination of the victim is yet to be done.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer