Woman alleges rape by friend
- Angry Priyanka Gandhi hits back at opponents, says her husband Robert Vadra is being 'maligned'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: UPA will hold together even in defeat, says Sharad Pawar
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- Hate speeches: Modi says petty statements by 'BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign'
A woman, resident of Chandigarh has alleged rape by a friend, Mukesh Kumar, a resident of Kangra on the pretext of marrying her. The accused had allegedly gone to Kangara a few days back and got married there.
The victim had approached the Sector 26 Police Station on Saturday. According to the police officials, the woman had been in a relationship with the accused in May 2012. At that time, the accused had promised to marry her.
A few days ago, the accused told the victim that he is going back to his home for a few days. Through a common friend, the victim came to know that the accused is about to get married there. She made a complaint to the police.
The police however says that the accused had a marriage ceremony soon after he went there. "We have dispatched teams to arrest the accused in Kangra," said a police official.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready