Woman alleges rape by friend
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
A woman, resident of Chandigarh has alleged rape by a friend, Mukesh Kumar, a resident of Kangra on the pretext of marrying her. The accused had allegedly gone to Kangara a few days back and got married there.
The victim had approached the Sector 26 Police Station on Saturday. According to the police officials, the woman had been in a relationship with the accused in May 2012. At that time, the accused had promised to marry her.
A few days ago, the accused told the victim that he is going back to his home for a few days. Through a common friend, the victim came to know that the accused is about to get married there. She made a complaint to the police.
The police however says that the accused had a marriage ceremony soon after he went there. "We have dispatched teams to arrest the accused in Kangra," said a police official.