Woman alleges rape by friend
- GMR pilots skip medical tests before flying Rahul Gandhi, to be grounded
- Supreme Court recognises third gender, glimmer of hope for gays
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Train derails in Assam, at least 50 passengers injured
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia to address rally in Telangana; Smriti Irani to file nomination shortly
A woman, resident of Chandigarh has alleged rape by a friend, Mukesh Kumar, a resident of Kangra on the pretext of marrying her. The accused had allegedly gone to Kangara a few days back and got married there.
The victim had approached the Sector 26 Police Station on Saturday. According to the police officials, the woman had been in a relationship with the accused in May 2012. At that time, the accused had promised to marry her.
A few days ago, the accused told the victim that he is going back to his home for a few days. Through a common friend, the victim came to know that the accused is about to get married there. She made a complaint to the police.
The police however says that the accused had a marriage ceremony soon after he went there. "We have dispatched teams to arrest the accused in Kangra," said a police official.