Woman along with children sets herself on fire over dowry
- Dawood's hanging would have satisfied us more: Family of 93 blasts victim
- Terrorists who attacked Gurdaspur came from Pakistan: Rajnath Singh
- Nation bids tearful adieu to former president APJ Abdul Kalam
- Why this unseemly hurry in Yakub execution: Prashant Bhushan
- Taliban confirms leader Mullah Omar's death, new successor already in place
A woman killed her two children before setting herself on fire over a dowry dispute with her husband, police said today.
"Sarita Devi (24), a resident of Dayapur(Jansa) locked herself in a room along with her three-year-old daughter Nandini and one-and-a-half-year-old son Aman. She first set her two kids on fire before setting herself ablaze," SHO Sevapuri said.
"By the time the villagers reached the spot after hearing their screams, all three of them had died," police said.
Ramjatan, father of the victim, has filed a case of dowry harassment against Devi's husband Basantlal and mother-in-law Shyama Devi.
Both the accused have been arrested, police said.