Woman along with children sets herself on fire over dowry
- Hunkar rally: I want to see Narendra Modi as the future PM, says Paswan
- JD(U) rules out tie-up, Lalu starts own campaign, clock ticks down for Congress
- Judge among 11 dead in Pakistan court in alleged suicide attack
- Pandemonium in J&K Assembly over Farooq Abdullah's comment on Kashmiris
- Rahul Gandhi's ordinance shortcut loses way
A woman killed her two children before setting herself on fire over a dowry dispute with her husband, police said today.
"Sarita Devi (24), a resident of Dayapur(Jansa) locked herself in a room along with her three-year-old daughter Nandini and one-and-a-half-year-old son Aman. She first set her two kids on fire before setting herself ablaze," SHO Sevapuri said.
"By the time the villagers reached the spot after hearing their screams, all three of them had died," police said.
Ramjatan, father of the victim, has filed a case of dowry harassment against Devi's husband Basantlal and mother-in-law Shyama Devi.
Both the accused have been arrested, police said.
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today
- Won’t return to NDA even if Narendra Modi is not PM candidate: JD(U)