Woman along with children sets herself on fire over dowry
A woman killed her two children before setting herself on fire over a dowry dispute with her husband, police said today.
"Sarita Devi (24), a resident of Dayapur(Jansa) locked herself in a room along with her three-year-old daughter Nandini and one-and-a-half-year-old son Aman. She first set her two kids on fire before setting herself ablaze," SHO Sevapuri said.
"By the time the villagers reached the spot after hearing their screams, all three of them had died," police said.
Ramjatan, father of the victim, has filed a case of dowry harassment against Devi's husband Basantlal and mother-in-law Shyama Devi.
Both the accused have been arrested, police said.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18