Woman attempts suicide by jumping before Metro, loses legs
- India to grow at 7.5 per cent in 2016, faster than China: IMF
- Lalu Yadav, Amit Shah booked for 'Narbhakshi', 'Chara chor' comments
- Nehru's niece returns Sahitya Akademi Award, questions PM's silence on 'reign of terror'
- Delhi MLAs may get 400 per cent hike in salary
- American Airlines plane makes emergency landing after pilot dies mid-flight
A 28-year-old woman, who was believed to be mentally disturbed, today allegedly attempted suicide by jumping before a moving train at a Metro station in east Delhi.
The woman was rushed to a GTB Hospital in Dilshad Garden in east Delhi where doctors amputated both her legs.
The woman, who resides in Dilshad Garden, was waiting for a Metro train at Welcome station at the very beginning of the platform and CCTV could not capture her image.
As the train approached the platform, the woman jumped before the train but the driver applied emergency brakes.
The woman was immediately taken off the platform and rushed to the hospital with severe injuries to her leg, sources said.
The incident around noon led to delay in services on the Line 1 (Dilshad Garden to Rithala).