Woman bar employee found dead in Malwani house, murder suspected
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
Malwani Police probing the suspected murder of 29-year-old Parveen Sheikh, found dead in her residence Friday afternoon, said she used to stay alone in the Agra Gully house and work in a beer bar.
They said she had moved into the rented house only a month ago. Nothing was stolen from the house and the motive for the murder seems personal, police said.
Neighbours realised foul smell was coming from the house and informed her sister, who stays in Malad. They also told her Parveen had not been seen for the past three days.
The sister caming rushing and found the house door bolted from outside. She opened the door to find Parveen lying dead on the floor.
"The body was decomposed and it was not possible to discern external injuries. We have sent the body to Bhagwati Hospital for post-mortem and are awaiting report. Based on circumstantial evidence, we have registered a case of murder," said assistant commissioner of police Jaywant Hargude.
Police suspect Praveen was strangled.