Woman bar employee found dead in Malwani house, murder suspected
- Lalu Prasad's RJD splits as 13 MLAs quit party; likely to join Nitish's JD(U)
- Govt has decided to drop anti-piracy charges against Italian marines, Centre tells SC
- Rahul takes a dig at Modi, says BJP thinks one man can run the country
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case: SC to hear Centre's plea on restraining TN govt from releasing convicts
- Leopard on the loose in Meerut, officials order closure of schools and colleges
Malwani Police probing the suspected murder of 29-year-old Parveen Sheikh, found dead in her residence Friday afternoon, said she used to stay alone in the Agra Gully house and work in a beer bar.
They said she had moved into the rented house only a month ago. Nothing was stolen from the house and the motive for the murder seems personal, police said.
Neighbours realised foul smell was coming from the house and informed her sister, who stays in Malad. They also told her Parveen had not been seen for the past three days.
The sister caming rushing and found the house door bolted from outside. She opened the door to find Parveen lying dead on the floor.
"The body was decomposed and it was not possible to discern external injuries. We have sent the body to Bhagwati Hospital for post-mortem and are awaiting report. Based on circumstantial evidence, we have registered a case of murder," said assistant commissioner of police Jaywant Hargude.
Police suspect Praveen was strangled.
"We are checking with neighbours if there were any frequent visitors to her residence. There are no suspects so far," he said.
- 4 more bodies found on Arunachal border, curfew in Assam town
- ‘Polls have come in the way of new norms for tech institutes’
- Food security Act also covers foreign nationals, refugees, says Law Ministry
- Lokayukta meets Bhardwaj over Bill
- Days before school admissions start, HC order on RTE creates confusion
- NGO seeks funds to train HIV+ patients