Woman bar employee found dead in Malwani house
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Prime Minister could not understand coalition politics, says Jaiswal
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- Hate speeches: Petty statements by those claiming to be BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign, says Modi
Malwani Police probing the suspected murder of 29-year-old Parveen Sheikh, found dead in her residence Friday afternoon, said she used to stay alone in the Agra Gully house and work in a beer bar.
They said she had moved into the rented house only a month ago. Nothing was stolen from the house and the motive for the murder seems personal, police said.
Neighbours realised foul smell was coming from the house and informed her sister, who stays in Malad. They also told her Parveen had not been seen for the past three days.
The sister found the house door bolted from outside. She opened the door to find Parveen lying dead on the floor. "The body was decomposed. We have sent the body to Bhagwati Hospital for post-mortem and are awaiting report," said assistant commissioner of police Jaywant Hargude.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready