Woman, child murdered, husband critical
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Police arrest two men employed by husband who ran tailoring unit, say property deal led to the killings.
A 24-year old woman and her six-year-old daughter were found dead, and her husband critically injured, in their rented accommodation in Southwest Delhi's Bindapur area on Thursday night. Police have arrested two persons who they claimed had stabbed the family with tailoring scissors.
According to police, the incident was reported around 11.30 pm on Thursday. The woman, identified as Phalguni, was in her third-floor home in Nanhe Park, Bindapur. Her daughter and husband Asit Sahni (31), who ran a tailoring and embroidery workshop, were also at home.
"We found the main door of the house open. Clothes were littered in the front room — Sahni ran the tailoring unit from home — and Phalguni was lying in a pool of blood. Her daughter's body was found in another room. Sahni was lying unconscious and bleeding. He was rushed to Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital. He is critical," DCP (Southwest) A K Ojha said.
Police arrested two men — Gurdeep Singh (41) and Rehman Ali (31) — in connection with the case. Police said the two were employed by Sahni in his tailoring unit.
Police said the men were arrested after a beat constable spotted Singh and became suspicious on seeing his bloodstained clothes. Ali, police said, was hiding in the roof of an adjacent house.
Police claimed that the men told them that Asit had purchased a flat in Bawana under the 'Self Finance Cost Effective Workers Housing Scheme' from Singh for Rs.2.25 lakh.
"Sahni paid him the amount in full. But Singh did not hand over possession of the house, despite Sahni's repeated requests . When Sahni threatened to report the matter to police, Singh panicked. He then conspired with Ali to kill Sahni," Ojha said.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™