Woman cleaned with acid post-delivery in hospital
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Emissary row: Sanjay Saraf dismisses reports of carrying any message from BJP
- The Third Front: Why transgenders remain a minority in election process
- Lok Sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- Elections LIVE 2014: Modi would have ousted Vajpayee like Jaswant and Advani, says Rahul
A woman has been cleaned with muriatic acid (hydrochloric acid) instead of antiseptic solution after she delivered a dead child in a state run hospital in Murshidabad district.
The incident occurred at Lalbagh Hospital shortly after Shikha Bibi delivered a dead child yesterday, acting CMOH Birendra Kumar Show said on Wednesday.
The woman suffered burn injuries due to application of acid which was used by mistake instead of the antiseptic solution, Show said adding the colour of both the liquid was similar.
She was still in the hospital and an inquiry has been ordered, he said.