Woman cleaned with acid post-delivery in hospital
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
A woman has been cleaned with muriatic acid (hydrochloric acid) instead of antiseptic solution after she delivered a dead child in a state run hospital in Murshidabad district.
The incident occurred at Lalbagh Hospital shortly after Shikha Bibi delivered a dead child yesterday, acting CMOH Birendra Kumar Show said on Wednesday.
The woman suffered burn injuries due to application of acid which was used by mistake instead of the antiseptic solution, Show said adding the colour of both the liquid was similar.
She was still in the hospital and an inquiry has been ordered, he said.