Woman cleaned with acid post-delivery in hospital
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
A woman has been cleaned with muriatic acid (hydrochloric acid) instead of antiseptic solution after she delivered a dead child in a state run hospital in Murshidabad district.
The incident occurred at Lalbagh Hospital shortly after Shikha Bibi delivered a dead child yesterday, acting CMOH Birendra Kumar Show said on Wednesday.
The woman suffered burn injuries due to application of acid which was used by mistake instead of the antiseptic solution, Show said adding the colour of both the liquid was similar.
She was still in the hospital and an inquiry has been ordered, he said.