Woman cleaned with acid post-delivery in hospital
- Coal scam: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh summoned as accused in Hindalco case
- Supreme Court hands out life term to six convicts in Manjunath murder case
- AAP Delhi MLAs write letter seeking expulsion of Yadav, Bhushan: Reports
- Land to Mines to coal, Oppn stands stall in RS
- BJP line to restive RSS: our ministers may quit if PDP doesn’t behave
A woman has been cleaned with muriatic acid (hydrochloric acid) instead of antiseptic solution after she delivered a dead child in a state run hospital in Murshidabad district.
The incident occurred at Lalbagh Hospital shortly after Shikha Bibi delivered a dead child yesterday, acting CMOH Birendra Kumar Show said on Wednesday.
The woman suffered burn injuries due to application of acid which was used by mistake instead of the antiseptic solution, Show said adding the colour of both the liquid was similar.
She was still in the hospital and an inquiry has been ordered, he said.