Woman commits suicide after being forced to have sex with tantrik for male child
- Parliament LIVE: Snooping on Rahul not right, says Congress; 'Asking for facts is not snooping'
- Waste paper to phone use: Govt revives checklist against leaks
- 14 booked for church vandalism in Haryana, cross replaced with Hanuman idol
- Pakistan: Protesters hit the streets after blasts near Lahore churches leave 15 dead
- No arrests in Bengal nun ‘rape’, church attack, local Christians nervous
Jalpaiguri: Four persons were arrested in connection with the suicide of a 39-year-old woman who was allegedly forced by her husband and in-laws to have sexual relations with a tantrik so that she could bear a male child, police said here on Thursday. The husband Sukumar, in-laws, —Suren and Shobharani — and sister-in-law Draupadi, were arrested and sent to 14-day judicial custody. According to an FIR lodged by the victim's mother, she said she was forced by her husband and in-laws to have sex with a tantrik brought by Sukumar for three days as the family wanted a male child. The woman, who died at a government hospital on December 28, set herself on fire on December 17 after her three-day ordeal with the tantrik ended.
Police are searching for the tantrik, who was possibly from Assam.
Darjeeling woman jumps from train to escape molestation bid
Ara/Buxar (Bihar): A woman from Darjeeling, who was travelling on Brahmaputra Mail, tried to escape from a molester by jumping from the speeding train near Ara junction. She suffered injuries on her head and legs, said officials. She has been admitted to a hospital and is out of danger. Bhojpur District Magistrate Pratima S Verma said the molester, an Army jawan named Ramesh Kumar, is a resident of Himachal Pradesh. He was apprehended by an Assam Rifles personnel who was travelling on the train and handed him over to Railway Protection Force (RPF) at Buxar. Two FIRs have been lodged, one each at Ara and Buxar, in GRP police station.