Woman dies after being hit by scooter
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A 60-year-old woman died after a scooter hit her while she was crossing the road at Bapu Dham Colony in Sector 26 on Monday. Police said that the victim, Gomati, a resident of Manimajra, was on her way to meet her son, who works at the Grain Market in Sector 26, when she was hit by a scooter, that was being ridden by Ravi Shankar, a resident of Sector 28. A PCR vehicle rushed to the spot and Gomati was taken to GMSH-16, where she passed away . Police arrested Ravi Shankar, who was later released on bail. He has been booked on charges of rash driving and causing death due to negligence.