Woman dies after being hit by scooter
- Aam Aadmi Party expels Yogendra Yadav, Prashant Bhushan and 2 others for 'anti-party' activities
- Rahul says Modi ignoring farmers, govt replies you looted them for 10 years
- Govt to give befitting reply to Hafiz Saeed's threat: Rijiju
- Would not be bad if we fulfill 50 percent promises: Arvind Kejriwal
- 'China wants to promote Indo-Pak peace talks amid Xi's visit'
A 60-year-old woman died after a scooter hit her while she was crossing the road at Bapu Dham Colony in Sector 26 on Monday. Police said that the victim, Gomati, a resident of Manimajra, was on her way to meet her son, who works at the Grain Market in Sector 26, when she was hit by a scooter, that was being ridden by Ravi Shankar, a resident of Sector 28. A PCR vehicle rushed to the spot and Gomati was taken to GMSH-16, where she passed away . Police arrested Ravi Shankar, who was later released on bail. He has been booked on charges of rash driving and causing death due to negligence.