Woman dies of H1N1 after delivery
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR; Cong says demands non-political
- Withdraw convocation invite to Narendra Modi: Jamia Millia alumni to VC
- PoK will remain with Pakistan, J&K will remain with India: Farooq Abdullah
- Liquor ban in Bihar: Nitish Kumar's poll promise to women comes at a high cost
- Amarinder Singh appointed as new Punjab Cong President
A 28-year-old woman of Shivneri Nagar, Kondhwa Khurd, died of swine flu (H1N1 virus) on Monday after she delivered a baby. This is the 33rd H1N1 death since April.
Dr S T Pardeshi, acting chief medical officer, Pune Municipal Corporation, said the woman had symptoms such as dry cough and mild fever since October 31 and went into labour at Kaya Clinic and Nursing Home on November 2. She gave birth to a girl.
However, the woman's condition worsened. She was referred to Bharati Hospital and admitted to the ICU.
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities
- Respecting sovereignty is the essence of bilateral diplomatic engagement
- Islam doesn’t justify targeting innocent lives in the manner in which it was done in Paris
- Imran Khan is a politician with a sense of personal destiny, and a divine mission
- Game upside down
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed