Woman dies of H1N1 after delivery
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
A 28-year-old woman of Shivneri Nagar, Kondhwa Khurd, died of swine flu (H1N1 virus) on Monday after she delivered a baby. This is the 33rd H1N1 death since April.
Dr S T Pardeshi, acting chief medical officer, Pune Municipal Corporation, said the woman had symptoms such as dry cough and mild fever since October 31 and went into labour at Kaya Clinic and Nursing Home on November 2. She gave birth to a girl.
However, the woman's condition worsened. She was referred to Bharati Hospital and admitted to the ICU.
Her throat swab tested positive for H1N1 virus and administration of Tamiflu tablets was started on November 4. However, she died due to acute respiratory distress syndrome with septic shock at Bharati Hospital on Monday afternoon, hospital sources said.