Woman dies of H1N1 after delivery
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
A 28-year-old woman of Shivneri Nagar, Kondhwa Khurd, died of swine flu (H1N1 virus) on Monday after she delivered a baby. This is the 33rd H1N1 death since April.
Dr S T Pardeshi, acting chief medical officer, Pune Municipal Corporation, said the woman had symptoms such as dry cough and mild fever since October 31 and went into labour at Kaya Clinic and Nursing Home on November 2. She gave birth to a girl.
However, the woman's condition worsened. She was referred to Bharati Hospital and admitted to the ICU.
Her throat swab tested positive for H1N1 virus and administration of Tamiflu tablets was started on November 4. However, she died due to acute respiratory distress syndrome with septic shock at Bharati Hospital on Monday afternoon, hospital sources said.