Woman falls 60 feet into rocks while texting
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
A woman in Alaska fell 60 feet into rocks while she was texting and reportedly preparing to throw a cigarette butt over the cliff edge.
A woman in Alaska fell 60 feet into rocks while she was texting.
Maria Pestrikoff was sending a message on her phone when she tumbled just as she was reportedly preparing to throw a cigarette butt over the cliff edge, The Kodiak Daily Mirror reports.
Fortunately for Maria her friend Anthony Burke heard her screams and was able to call the emergency services, and firefighters rushed to accident scene.
He wrote in the newspaper: "Lesson learned -- don't leave the gate open, don't text message and smoke cigarettes on a slippery bluff with a long drop to the rocks."