Woman falls 60 feet into rocks while texting
- Centre tables Land Bill amidst cries of 'kisan bachao, desh bachao'
- AAP crisis: Bhushan hits back, blames Khetan for planting stories in favour of 2G accused
- SC refuses to dismiss NGT's ban on older vehicles
- Oil paper leak: Court takes cognisance of chargesheet filed against accused
- On Delhi’s edge, a township of 25,000 more toxic than Delhi
A woman in Alaska fell 60 feet into rocks while she was texting and reportedly preparing to throw a cigarette butt over the cliff edge.
A woman in Alaska fell 60 feet into rocks while she was texting.
Maria Pestrikoff was sending a message on her phone when she tumbled just as she was reportedly preparing to throw a cigarette butt over the cliff edge, The Kodiak Daily Mirror reports.
Fortunately for Maria her friend Anthony Burke heard her screams and was able to call the emergency services, and firefighters rushed to accident scene.
He wrote in the newspaper: "Lesson learned -- don't leave the gate open, don't text message and smoke cigarettes on a slippery bluff with a long drop to the rocks."