Woman falls 60 feet into rocks while texting
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
A woman in Alaska fell 60 feet into rocks while she was texting and reportedly preparing to throw a cigarette butt over the cliff edge.
A woman in Alaska fell 60 feet into rocks while she was texting.
Maria Pestrikoff was sending a message on her phone when she tumbled just as she was reportedly preparing to throw a cigarette butt over the cliff edge, The Kodiak Daily Mirror reports.
Fortunately for Maria her friend Anthony Burke heard her screams and was able to call the emergency services, and firefighters rushed to accident scene.
He wrote in the newspaper: "Lesson learned -- don't leave the gate open, don't text message and smoke cigarettes on a slippery bluff with a long drop to the rocks."