Woman falsely accuses man of rape, held
- Media running 'false' news to tarnish Vasundhara Raje's image: CM office
- NIA says no 'issuance of inappropriate briefing by any officer'
- ‘Emergency one of India’s darkest periods,’ says PM Modi
- Lakhvi release: Pak says India politicising UNSC sanctions committee
- AAP unveils Rs.41,129 crore Delhi's 'Swaraj' budget
A 27-year-old woman was arrested on the charge of using her 15-year-old niece, a domestic help, to level false charges of rape against her 30-year-old employer, a chartered accountant, with the intention of extortion. The accountant was arrested on September 17 and released on bail on September 30, after the girl deposed before the Child Welfare Committee, that she had been framed by her aunt. On September 17, the girl and her aunt reached the Dwarka police station, claiming that the child had been raped by her employer. In her complaint, the girl claimed that on May 1, the accountant got drunk and raped her. The girl claimed that she was repeatedly raped over the next few months. On October 3, the aunt was arrested after the girl deposed before the CWC.