Woman falsely accuses man of rape, held
- Sahara pleads SC to release Subrata Roy to borrow money for refunding investors
- Kejriwal finds âbakwasâ in Gujarat, faces protests himself
- PCâs dig at MoD: Learn from sub accidents, âspend wiselyâ
- Donât want Hooda aide, Bellary man in NDA: Sushma Swaraj
- Jat quota after riots hurt Muslim sentiments, says Alvi
A 27-year-old woman was arrested on the charge of using her 15-year-old niece, a domestic help, to level false charges of rape against her 30-year-old employer, a chartered accountant, with the intention of extortion. The accountant was arrested on September 17 and released on bail on September 30, after the girl deposed before the Child Welfare Committee, that she had been framed by her aunt. On September 17, the girl and her aunt reached the Dwarka police station, claiming that the child had been raped by her employer. In her complaint, the girl claimed that on May 1, the accountant got drunk and raped her. The girl claimed that she was repeatedly raped over the next few months. On October 3, the aunt was arrested after the girl deposed before the CWC.