Woman found murdered in home, valuables missing
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subarta Roy stays in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
A 49-year-old woman was found murdered at her residence in Chhani area of Vadodara on Monday morning.
Police suspect loot could be a reason behind the murder as the house had been ransacked and certain valuables were missing.
Deep marks around her neck suggested that she was strangled, police said.
The woman, Sarojben Solanki, was reportedly alone at her house when the incident took place.
Her husband Dayabhai Solanki, a truck driver, had been away on duty for the last five days while her two sons were in Surat.
The incident came to light when her son Jignesh Solanki returned from Surat this morning, police said, adding that investigation was on.