Woman found murdered, police suspect rape
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR field, Southee makes his IPL debut against CSK
A semi-naked body of a woman was found at Sargasan village on the outskirts of Gandhinagar Thursday. The Gandhinagar police suspect it to be a case of rape and murder.
The police control room was alerted when some first villagers saw the woman lying in half naked condition near a cemetery in the village. The sarpanch of the village alerted police about the incident.
The Gandhinagar police said the woman is estimated to be 40 to 45 years of age. The Sargasan village sarpanch Jaswant Dahyaji Thakor lodged an FIR with Sector 7 police in this connection.
The Sector 7 Police Inspector A M Parmar said, "The body of the woman is still unidentified. She has received a grave injury on her head with an unidentified object. We suspect the woman was first raped and then murdered. There is no motive of looting here since all gold jewllery she was wearing are intact on her body."
However, nothing found with the body that could hint her identification. The police have begun a search for her identification in neighbouring villages. The body was sent for post mortem at the Gandhinagar Civil Hospital.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'