Woman found murdered, police suspect rape
- Angry Nitish hits back, says Modi has contempt for those who seek rights
- OROP: Delhi Police says sorry, PMO steps in to pacify agitating ex-servicemen
- 7 dead after boulder hits Manikaran Gurudwara in Himachal
- Sri Lanka polls: Wickremesinghe to return as PM, Rajapaksa concedes defeat
- Home buyers to benefit from govt move on Okhla Bird Sanctuary
A semi-naked body of a woman was found at Sargasan village on the outskirts of Gandhinagar Thursday. The Gandhinagar police suspect it to be a case of rape and murder.
The police control room was alerted when some first villagers saw the woman lying in half naked condition near a cemetery in the village. The sarpanch of the village alerted police about the incident.
The Gandhinagar police said the woman is estimated to be 40 to 45 years of age. The Sargasan village sarpanch Jaswant Dahyaji Thakor lodged an FIR with Sector 7 police in this connection.
The Sector 7 Police Inspector A M Parmar said, "The body of the woman is still unidentified. She has received a grave injury on her head with an unidentified object. We suspect the woman was first raped and then murdered. There is no motive of looting here since all gold jewllery she was wearing are intact on her body."