Woman found murdered, police suspect rape
- WB election: Heavy violence reported in Basanti between TMC, RSP workers
- UPA must answer who received kickbacks in Agusta deal, says Manohar Parrikar
- Adarsh housing society scam: Demolition order a setback for Congress in Maharashtra
- Lenders begin auction of brand Kingfisher, trademarks
- Middleman Michel claims he signed nothing, records show he did — on ‘payoffs’
A semi-naked body of a woman was found at Sargasan village on the outskirts of Gandhinagar Thursday. The Gandhinagar police suspect it to be a case of rape and murder.
The police control room was alerted when some first villagers saw the woman lying in half naked condition near a cemetery in the village. The sarpanch of the village alerted police about the incident.
The Gandhinagar police said the woman is estimated to be 40 to 45 years of age. The Sargasan village sarpanch Jaswant Dahyaji Thakor lodged an FIR with Sector 7 police in this connection.
The Sector 7 Police Inspector A M Parmar said, "The body of the woman is still unidentified. She has received a grave injury on her head with an unidentified object. We suspect the woman was first raped and then murdered. There is no motive of looting here since all gold jewllery she was wearing are intact on her body."
- India comes across as trying to compete with China by being China
- Why a book on India is seen to be unbuyable in Islamabad
- Why is the BJP pushing itself so aggressively to appropriate Ambedkar now
- The immortality of Don Quixote
- Patenting software is no more a part of Digital India than is patenting arithmetic
- India’s jobless growth is undermining its ability to reap the demographic dividend