Woman gangraped in Tamil Nadu, 10 arrested
- Top General speaks on 2012 troop movement: "Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly"
- Telangana fallout: Governor accepts Reddy's resignation as Andhra Chief Minister
- Arvind Kejriwal writes to Narendra Modi on gas pricing, targest Mukesh Ambani again
- A day after Parliament passes Telangana bill, Hyderabad airport on red alert over threat letter
- Govt refuses security to IPL due to Lok Sabha polls, South Africa favourite to host 7th edition
A 20-year-old woman was allegedly gangraped by 10 persons on the banks of Manimuktha river near here, police said today.
Ten person were arrested in connection with the incident yesterday, police said.
The woman, hailing from Gurumangalam village near here in Cuddalore district, was speaking to her relative on the banks of the river when the gang members pounced on them.
The gang attacked the women's relative when he tried to protect her and later raped her, police said.
Based on the women's complaint, police registered a case and admitted her to Mundiampakkam Medical College hospital.